Monday, June 8, 2009

my personal springtime

Spring is Comforting.
The Gray clouds remain; but the Green grass
is so Vivid that Brightness prevails.
Rain and wind dominate, but the humidity sets in, and
the smell of the Damp earth warms me.
I can FEEL the tulips and daffodills
stirring in the ground,
their bulbs hatching neon green shoots.
I wait and I watch for the trees to bud,
as I listen to Nature's soundtrack of birdsong.
Soon the days will be longer.
Soon those trees that will, will blossom.
Soon the air will be thick with floral fragrance
and the humming bees will appear.
But right now I see charcoal gray clouds
playing hide and seek with
a white-bright Sun.
The ground is Spongy-soft and a Dark, Deep Brown.
The grass is short
and Emerald green-
new and nourished and yet to be bleached.
The trees are yet stark
and the flowers still hiding,
But,
Springtime is here
and it comforts me.

((written on april 4th, 2006... re-posted not because of it's awesomeness...but b/c i love the outside.))

No comments:

Post a Comment